
He who will not apply himself to business, eventually discovers that he means to get his bread by cheating, stealing, or begging, or else is wholly void of reason
Ischomachus

For it would have been better that man should have been born dumb, nay, void of all reason, rather than that he should employ the gifts of Providence to the destruction of his neighbor
Marcus Fabius Quintilian
All my life I believed I knew something. But then one strange day came when I realized that I knew nothing, yes, I knew nothing. And so words became void of meaning. I have arrived too late at ultimate uncertainty
Ezra Pound
People are always shouting they want to create a better future. It's not true. The future is an apathetic void of no interest to anyone. The past is full of life, eager to irritate us, provoke and insult us, tempt us to destroy or repaint it. The only reason people want to be masters of the future is to change the past
Milan Kundera
We only labor to stuff the memory, and leave the conscience and the understanding unfurnished and void
Michel de Montaigne
Oh, what a void there is in things
Aulus Persius Flaccus



No comments:
Post a Comment