Tuesday, September 28, 2010


Obstinate

I remain convinced that obstinate addiction to ordinary language in our private thoughts is one of the main obstacles to progress in philosophy

Bertrand Russell










One of the satisfactions of a genius is his will-power and obstinacy


Man Ray











My great mistake, the fault for which I can't forgive myself, is that one day I ceased my obstinate pursuit of my own individuality


Oscar Wilde
















True wisdom is less presuming than folly. The wise man doubteth often, and changeth his mind; the fool is obstinate, and doubteth not; he knoweth all things but his own ignorance


Akhenaton













The dynamic element in my philosophy, taken as a whole, can be seen as an obstinate and untiring battle against the spirit of abstraction


Gabriel Marcel















Metaphysics means nothing but an unusually obstinate effort to think clearly


William James












Men of integrity are generally pretty obstinate, in adhering to an opinion once adopted


William Cobbett


No comments: